Saturday, July 31, 2010

Homeless in Holland

Where do I start?


Well, to make a long story short, I'll say this: things fell through.  


Shortly after arriving in Holland my host mother began processing the necessary resident's permit in order for me to stay and work for a year as her aupair.  It takes a few weeks to process things, and
as it turns out, I am too old by Dutch law (I must be under 26, not "26 or under").  It was a huge oversight on the part of the agency I hired to place me because I checked and double checked that exact question. Needless to say, I'm mad, and very disappointed that my overseas experience got cut short so abruptly over something so small. 

The last week I've been couch surfing with some very generous friends, and I plan to do that for one week more while I chase a job here... but chances are good that I will be back in Portland by September.


Cheers to adventures in Europe!

1 comment:

  1. You've made everything else happen out of thin air, I know you're crafty enough to make it happen one way or another!

    ReplyDelete