Monday, August 16, 2010

Barcelona Market!



  


Mercat Boqueria 

There are several markets in Barca.  This one is just off the main strip Las Ramblas.


I was so impressed with how beautiful it is!  The colors, aromas, and sounds are dazzling.  I've seen a lot of markets.... this one really impressed me!


There were plenty of grab-and-eat goodies, including half a pineapple, fresh-squeezed juices...




...And this red, prickly fruit!  ...which I bought, but I still don't know what it's called.



Then of course there was loads of fresh fish!



And cured pork is very common in Spain!  I saw it here, but it's also sold in every supermarket.  An entire pork leg?  I need someone to tell me how they eat this....


And they're not at all shy about fresh meat~

Cow tongue.


Sheep heads.


Chicken!  (feet still attached...)


 And it goes on...

  
Heaps of candies!  So perfectly arranged.  Can you spot the candy "fried eggs"?


I really loved discovering all the new food!

No comments:

Post a Comment